Aging + Vitality Retreat
Time & Location
About The Event
Our body/minds change as we age. How can we keep them vital and healthy and combat the all-too-prevalent stereotype of aging as a time of illness, endless medications, and decline?
During this workshop we will experience the following practices:
- Yoga posture to balance strength and flexibility
- Yogic breath work to quiet the nervous system
- Meditation to help us come to center and reduce stress
- Dream to connect us with our inner wisdom
- Learning from the land about collaboration and sustainability
- Image-making, journaling and poetry to deepen insight and access play
- Learning about food and nutrition for enhancing vitality
- Relationship and community building to sustain us in our daily lives
Rocky Delaplaine has been teaching Iyengar yoga classes on a weekly basis in the Washington D.C. region since 1991. She is a published poet with her first full-length book of poems coming out in October, 2019. She co-leads an annual retreat combining art and yoga near Charlottesville, VA. She is a daughter, mother, grandmother, aunt and member of a large extended family that spans from Florida to Canada, and from East coast to West. Rocky is 65 years old.
Suzanne Stevens is the founder of Hope Springs Institute, co-leader of the Hope Springs Women’s Leadership Collaboratives, co-leader of Celtic Connections and a consultant for small businesses focused on creating space for healing and sustainability. In her early years, Suzanne ran a group home, taught school and was an associate director at Procter and Gamble. She and her husband have 7 children, 11 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. Suzanne is 77 years old.
- Make Non-Refundable Deposit$100$1000$0
- Make Full Payment$450$4500$0
- Make Remaining Balance Payment$350$3500$0