Sat, Apr 18|
Virtual Yoga for Non-Yogis
This virtual yoga class is perfect if you’ve been curious about yoga, but have never tried it. It’s also perfect if you have a regular practice you want to fine tune.
Time & Location
Apr 18, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
About The Event
Register below and the Zoom link will be sent to you
The virtual yoga studio will be open for you to come in and get settled at 9:45am
WE' LL START MOVING AT 10:00 am BUT IF YOU CAN,
COME EARLY TO GET YOURSELF SET UP. We'll end at 11:00 am.
First class is free. Following classes are $15 to drop-in or $49 for the 5 class series.
Every Saturday at 10 am, Zoom link will be sent to you directly to attend.
Elizabeth teaches with a strong focus on safety and proper alignment. We’ll do some movement. And breathing. Two things you do all the time, every day. It’s simple. I promise.
This class is for you if:
- You want to check yoga out, but you just don’t know where to start.
- You have a regular practice that you want to fine tune.
- You think you’re not bendy or flexible enough for yoga.
- You really don’t like yoga, but think you’d benefit from it.
- You’ve been to a couple yoga classes and don’t want to go back because it was too hard.
- You want a to community with good people.
Wear comfortable clothing; previous yoga experience not required.
Praise for Elizabeth’s Virtual Teaching:
- Yoga is really helping me to get centered at a time when it seems like the whole world is upending. I'm grateful to share in this online community.
- You are 1 of 3 instructors I trust, and you are the only one doing this! Thanks for being brave!
- This is actually the first yoga class I've done in a long time where I didn't feel anxious at all!
- I really love and appreciate your detailed imagery and instructions for helping with alignment and what your body should be doing… I really agree with a lot of other people who gave feedback - even though I've gone to yoga classes for years, I'm not sure I ever was taught how to actually do the poses correctly.
About the Facilitator:
My name is Elizabeth Muniot. I found yoga super intimidating for a long time. I took my first yoga class while living in New York City more than 20 years ago, and though I almost hated it, I kept going coming back. I didn’t feel bendy or flexible enough, I didn’t get all the chanting and Sanskrit, and I would have rather been running, but I did feel calmer and more balanced.
After finishing grad school, I went to Costa Rica for my first yoga retreat, where, as cliché as it sounds, something about yoga changed for me. When I got back from Costa Rica, I completed 500 hours of training through YogaWorks. I love teaching yoga to people who are intimidated by it, and I’ve been told by fellow teachers they learn something new in my classes.
I came to Hope Springs in 2013 with the Women’s Leadership Collaborative, and I fell in love with the place. The opportunity to support Hope Springs and teach yoga in a winery came up and I took it! The idea for this workshop was born from conversations about that event, and here we are.
Your 1st Class is Always Free!
5 Class Bundle
Drop In Class - One Time