Time & Location
About The Event
3 Days/ 2 nights: $425 includes tuition, room, board, and supplies!
This workshop will explore the principles and practice of meditative writing. Anyone interested in discovering the wonder of unhindered thought, expanding creative self-expression, and knowing the pleasure of getting it down on paper, will benefit from this weekend.
Jill Morris, workshop leader, will be following in the footsteps of Mary Bok, who has been teaching this workshop at Hope Springs since 1996. Mary retired this year. Mary’s leadership of Proprioceptive workshops over the years has greatly influenced Jill’s life journey and those of many others. Jill is grateful for the privilege of having studied under Mary’s tutelage for 23 years. Jill brings her experience as an executive coach, business consultant, and skill-development trainer.
At this workshop you will:
- Experience the fundamentals of Proprioceptive Writing.
- Deepen your capacity to listen to yourself and others.
- Complete five Proprioceptive writes, in the company of a small group.
- Reveal to yourself what is important to you, what influences your choices, and what increases your confidence, courage, and freedom of expression.
- Bring up rich material, which might later lead the way to poems, stories, communications to family and friends, or a deeper journal experience.
- Be ready and able to continue on your own.
- Learn, grow, and have fun with others seeking deeper connection with what matters, inner awareness and strength, and more joy from the inside out.
A note on safety: Due to COVID safety recommendations during the influx of the omicron variant, we do ask that participants provide proof of vaccination or a negative covid test completed 24-48 hours before arrival on the land.
About the Facilitator:
Jill Morris has been attending this workshop almost every year since 1997. She has journals and folders full of “writes” that come from listening to what wants to be expressed. She enjoys deepening her practice of Proprioceptive Writing, which gives her a richer understanding, appreciation, and acceptance of herself, others, and what it means to be human. She has often said, “I don’t know where I’d be without Proprioceptive Writing.” Jill has a 40-year career in studying, teaching, writing, and facilitating learning events; meditation, body awareness, self-development, business management, and training in leadership, personal responsibility, communication, conflict management, and developing cultures of accountability. She and her husband founded ChoiceWorks Inc and co-authored the book, Leadership Simple: Leading People to Lead Themselves. She has an MA in Social Anthropology from the University of Western Australia in Perth. Jill lives in San Diego and loves learning, yoga, dancing, and writing.
- Deposit Ticket$100$1000$0
- Remaining Balance Ticket$325$3250$0
- Full Balance Ticket$425$4250$0
- Community Building Ticket$525$5250$0