Fri, Feb 03|
Hope Springs Institute
Expand your capacity to listen deeply and speak confidently in this writing retreat weekend.
Time & Location
Feb 03, 5:00 PM EST – Feb 05, 2:00 PM EST
Hope Springs Institute, 4988 Mineral Springs Rd, Peebles, OH 45660, USA
About The Event
3 Days/ 2 nights: $425 includes tuition, room, board, and supplies!
This workshop will explore the principles and practice of meditative writing. You will be offered a unique way of writing from within and learn how to reveal YOUR story, not a story.
The purpose is to provide an elegant process for you to:
- Enjoy the opportunity to connect with your capacity to listen to yourself and others more deeply
- Discover the wonder of unhindered thought
- Explore the expansion of creative self-expression in a nourishing environment
- Reveal to yourself what is important to you, what influences your choices, and what increases your confidence, courage, and freedom of expression
- Know the pleasure of getting all of that down on paper
This offering is appropriate for anyone to attend, no matter how much (or little!) writing experience you may have.
At this workshop you will:
- Complete a variety of writes, in the company of a small group
- Bring up rich material, which might lead the way to poems, stories, communications to family and friends, or a deeper journal experience
- Take home the framework that allow you to continue the practice on your own
- Master the meditative question that can guide you in any situation
- Learn with a community of like-minded seekers and explorers
- Have access to morning meditations around a sacred fire in our Spirit House if you choose
- Walk the woods and meadows of Hope Springs in solitude or with peers
- Be nourished and tended to by staff and leadership
- Learn, grow, and have fun seeking deeper connection with what matters
About the Facilitator:
Jill Morris has been practicing meditative writing consistently since 1997. She has journals and folders full of “writes” that come from listening to what wants to be expressed. She enjoys deepening her practice of writing, which gives her a richer understanding, appreciation, and acceptance of herself, others, and what it means to be human. Jill has a 40-year career in studying, teaching, writing, and facilitating learning events; meditation, body awareness, self-development, business management, and training in leadership, personal responsibility, communication, conflict management, and developing cultures of accountability. She and her husband founded ChoiceWorks Inc and co-authored the book, Leadership Simple: Leading People to Lead Themselves. She has an MA in Social Anthropology from the University of Western Australia in Perth. Jill lives in San Diego and loves walking with her husband, learning, yoga, dancing, and writing.
This deposit ticket reserves your position on our roster for Proprioceptive Writing, and gives us the information we need to communicate with you
Remaining Balance Ticket
This purchase, in addition to your Deposit Ticket, completes your payment and registration for Meditative Writing.
Full Balance Ticket
This ticket completes your payment and registration for Proprioceptive Writing.